[Liverpool] Redhat and Fedora

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 22:21:44 GMT 2004

Hi,

>     I know this is slightly outdated news but i still think it is good
> food for thought. Do you think the fedora core project is good as it
> gets cutting edge developments out into the public allowing people to
> use and try them.

Yes. My laptop and main box (this one) has been running rawhide since
RH8 and is happy on FC3 rawhide (what will become FC4). FC3 kicks ass -
it really does.

> Or do you think this is basically like shoving a load
> of beta software onto people.

No, you leave that up to Microsoft.

>      I havent had a chance to properly use fedora yet due to some
> restrictions that meant i couldnt use the 2.6 kernel but was wondering
> if people to have found it to be a good desktop linux distro.

Best around. I love it.

What's the problem with using the 2.6 kernel you're having? I remember
compiling it and running it on a server at work a day or so after it was
released (RH9 box).

TTFN

Paul
(Redhat Whore)
--
"I'm gonna hit the highway like a bat out of hell with a Cilla Black fan
on the bike" - Meatloaf