[Liverpool] College course @ warrington

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 16:15:45 GMT 2004

Hi,

> Just like to know..Any idea how much the course you mentioned is
> likely to cost, I'm very interested.

Not sure - give the collegiate on Monday.

> Also if anyone can shed light...lol...I installed nvidia Drivers for
> my graphics card a couple of days ago and then followed the
> instructions on the Nvidia site to edit the Xorg.0.log and now i cant
> boot into the KDE  desktop that was working fine before i installed
> the driver...Newbie , stuck on text mode...help please.

Should be working fine. That said, unless you're gaming, they don't
actually do much for the system. Unless the rpm said noarch then it's
more likely the rpm was for Fedora systems.

> I have an XP 2800 with 512 ddr 333 and Mandrakelinux 10.1 installed,
> dual booting with XP Professional...Doing lots of reading and feel
> like i'm learning...now i think i might have to reformat and
> reinstall...apparently this is considered shameful and i'd rather fix
> it if poss.

rpm -e nvidia will get rid of the problem and revert you to normal ;-)

TTFN

Paul

--
"I'm gonna hit the highway like a bat out of hell with a Cilla Black fan
on the bike" - Meatloaf