[Liverpool] Hi Folks!

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 23:51:10 GMT 2004

Hi,

> > Bluefountain is an Open Source company (yes they exist!) and have
> > offered sponsorship to Liverpool LUG so that we have a place to meet and
> > enjoy ourselves at.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if Bluefountian has any job openings. ;-)

Oi! I was there first mate ;-)

> > At home, I'm using FC3t3 (2.6.9 kernel) on my main box with the same on
> > the laptop (1), FC2 on my son's and wife's boxes and a server at work,
> > Slackware 9 on laptop 2 and FC2 on my other laptop. Ever get the idea
> > that I like FC? I've been with RH since the very early days....
>
> FC is a distro that I have never tried, I did use RedHat many years ago.
> I may need to find a spare machine to give it a go.  Don't think I'll
> move from Debian in a hurry though. :-)

<shudders> Debian </shudders>

I remember someone saying it once - "Debian, the Win98 of Linux". Every
experience I've had with Debian has been an unmitigated disaster - and
it's not as if I don't know what I'm doing either!

TTFN

Paul
--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer