[Liverpool] Linux Format Writeup

Daniel Hulme lpool-lug at istic.org
Wed Nov 17 17:33:26 GMT 2004

> The rapidly-growing Liverpool LUG fills a void
> for Merseyside Free Software users looking for
> mutual support. Following the demise of the
> previous University-only LUG, the many GNU/Linux
> users and admins in the city have ?????

had no forum in which to air their views and ideas about free software,
nor anywhere to turn for advice on kernel compilation options or
programming styles.

> Future plans for the LUG include...
a LAN party using only open-source software.

That'll impress people no end. Given the recent discussion on the list
about people's backgrounds, perhaps we could have a paragraph along the
lines of:

Although still young, the LUG has already brought together people who
use Linux in a variety of ways: in academic research, to run their
company, or just as a hobby. We hope that this diversity will help all the members to gain insight into the different
perspectives and experiences other users have, and to provide a wider
range of knowledge to draw from.

Daniel

--
A church is more than just timber and stone   .oO( surreal.istic.org )
And freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone   -Paul Simon,