[Liverpool] Linux Format Writeup

Daniel Hulme lpool-lug at istic.org
Thu Nov 25 15:41:46 GMT 2004

> Liverpool has a thriving Free Software scene, as part of
> a world-renowned new media industry. For example games
I think this should read "new-media", not "new media", otherwise it
looks like a new industry, not new media.
> companies such as Onteca ...
Obviously the free-software scene isn't as free as you think :-> Maybe
the paragraph could be changed to something like:

Liverpool's Free-Software scene is thriving, building on the city's
existing reputation as a centre for high-tech companies to do business.
Big players like Sony and Psygnosis [maybe someone can think of a
better example], who have had studios in Liverpool for years, are now
being joined by Free Software start-ups like Onteca.

> Free Software in the North-West:
> http://www.sc.lug.org.uk/           Cheshire Free Software Group
> http://liverpool.lug.org.uk/        Merseyside Free Software Group
> http://www.lug.org.uk/lugs/nw.php   NW GNU/Linux User Groups
Mindful of your .sig, perhaps we could add something on co-operation
between neighbouring LUGs?
Although younger than some of its brethren throughout Merseyside,
Liverpool LUG hopes to build relationships with its neighbours, perhaps
organising joint events in future and, eventually, a regional
conference. When enough Linux users are brought together in one place,
anything could happen.

or some such cliche, perhaps with an exclamation mark at the end to make
us look spontaneous. How are we on length? I'm a master of padding out
or compressing essays to fit tight word limits.

Daniel

--
A church is more than just timber and stone   .oO( surreal.istic.org )
And freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone   -Paul Simon,