[Liverpool] Linux Format Writeup

Daniel Hulme lpool-lug at istic.org
Thu Nov 25 16:44:35 GMT 2004

> Liverpool's Free-Software scene is thriving, building on the city's
> existing reputation as a centre for high-tech companies to do
> business. Big players like Sony and Psygnosis [maybe someone can think
> of a better example], who have had studios in Liverpool for years, are
> now being joined by Free Software start-ups like ...
>
> [Onteca aren't entirely Free Software - does anyone have a
> better example?]

In case no-one has a better example, we could use something like:

... are now being joined by a flurry of start-ups occupying premises in
the recently redeveloped dockland areas. All of these computing
professionals, along with cohorts of computer science students from the
two local universities, constitute a large group of potential (and, we
hope, actual) members.

This, combined with the sponsorship blurb when we have it, should make
up the word count.

--
A church is more than just timber and stone   .oO( surreal.istic.org )
And freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone   -Paul Simon,