[Liverpool] Welcome to the Liverpool LUG Mailing List

David Watson david at planetwatson.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 11:41:05 BST 2004

Welcome,

The new Liverpool LUG is now well and truly underway, as you know we
have a mailing list ( but few subscribers, yet ), a web site is under
construction now.  Once the website is online, hopefully Linux Format
Magazine will be able to feature our new group in the LUG section ( I
will be in contact with them when the site is up ).

The next step would seem to be introductions.... so I will begin.

Well I am 29, working as a Network Manager in the Blue Coat School.  I
have a wife, one daughter, two fish, two cats and cat allergies ( not
the best combination, I know ).  I have a website at
http://planetwatson.co.uk, I program in several languages and have
stopped coding in at least twice that amount.  My main project is The
Petrol Engine ( a PHP based CMS ), and my Open University work.

I have been looking to join the Liverpool LUG for quite a few years, in
the end I decided that if I wanted to join the LUG first I would have to
restart it.  So here we are.

I know the mailing list membership is still very low, so these
introductions shouldn't take very long.

--
David Watson
david at planetwatson.co.uk
GnuPG key available from http://www.planetwatson.co.uk
Fingerprint: 5FDB B1BE 9B31 D3A8 2981  7285 0DE8 799E A7D6 AE79

"Code is for life, not just for xmas, use python"