[Liverpool] Introductions are in order

Scott Brimin scott.brimin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 22:22:32 BST 2004

Hi.

I believe introductions are in order.

The username I go by is "Two-Zero", I'm a second year Software
Engineering student at Liverpool's John Moores University. I'm male,
old enough to buy alcohol at a bar. My hobbies are watching anime,
reading manga, doing computery things and listening to J-pop.

Someone has hinted for me to post something so here goes:

My most recent computer acquisition has been a Mini-ITX system. For
those of you who don't know, the Mini-ITX form factor is smaller than
the standard ATX, my mainboard is 170mm x 170mm. I was browsing the
web, as you do, and found an EPIA-5000 mobo with the C3 800Mhz
processor builtin. So, I just had to buy it and build it into a
system, I named her Kokoro, she's now my firewall and downloader. I
designed her to be fanless silent, the builtin CPU is fanless and
relies on a heatsink and I bought one of those 60W Morex fanless power
supplies. The "noisiest" thing is the hard disk and I'll probably be
upgrading to a 2.5" HDD soon.

Here's a pic:
http://www.limilia-network.uklinux.net/temp/20040818%2019.JPG

However, the cases for the Mini-ITX form factor are super expensive,
more expensive than the mobo itself. So, I had to make my own. I was
tempted to paint it black and put a green X on the lid but that was
too 3viL. So I opted for this:

http://www.limilia-network.uklinux.net/temp/20040818%2011.JPG

Well, that's it. *bows and leaves*