[Liverpool] Filling time (fix it til it breaks) [was Re: Thanks for the well wishes]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 10 18:08:29 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 17:31 +0000, Paul wrote:
> The
> operation went well and I'm now sitting at home with a fun filled 6
> weeks of enforced time-off ahead of me!

Perhaps we can suggest projects for you, divided into technical and
non-technical, e.g.:

tech:

Branching out into academic programming languages:
Intercal, Lisp, Ada, eiffel, smalltalk, the choice is yours ;-)

Writing your own kernel (always a popular option 8^)

Disassembling the supplied Windows driver for my parallel port
scanner so we can have a go at writing a Linux driver for it :-)

Devising a brilliant Free Software advocacy plan for the LUG

Putting together an easy-to-use applications server from FreeNX to
attract business users to FLOSS

[space for further suggestions]

non-tech:

Reading Proust (no more, that's your time used up ;)

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

 - Richard
(still wishing for more hours in the day)

--

``Life can only be understood backwards,
  but it must be lived forwards.''  - Kierkegaard