[Liverpool] Filling time (fix it til it breaks) [was Re: Thanks for the well wishes]

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 18:50:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

> Branching out into academic programming languages:
> Intercal, Lisp, Ada, eiffel, smalltalk, the choice is yours ;-)

Eiffel is not available for Linux. Ada sucks, Lisp is when you talk
funny and I've no idea about intercal!

> Writing your own kernel (always a popular option 8^)

Nah, why do something as trivial as that?

> Disassembling the supplied Windows driver for my parallel port
> scanner so we can have a go at writing a Linux driver for it :-)

That is actually not that difficult, you just need a way to intercept
the data out commands. Basically, it's how dongles were hacked.

> Devising a brilliant Free Software advocacy plan for the LUG

Bombing the EU would be a start ;-)

> Reading Proust (no more, that's your time used up ;)

Pah! I eat Proust for breakfast!

TTFN

Paul
--
"I like blinking me" - Helen, Big Brother 2 contestant