laptop choice [was Re: [Liverpool] meeting report]

David Watson david.watson.uk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:45:48 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:37:48 +0000, Richard Smedley
<richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 09:46 +0000, David Watson wrote:
> > Strugling with a dying laptop atm, the battery died about 6 months
> > ago, the power connector keeps falling out and now the screen won't
> > come on.  Just got the go ahead to order a replacement.  Looking at
> > the Toshiba Pro A60, anyone have any experience with them.
>
> Nope - we've got four thinkpads in this house (and
> my mother has a 9-year old toshiba laptop running
> Debian Sarge).
>
> What are your proirities?
> Size/portability?
> Power?
> Battery life?
> Screen real estate?
> weight?
>
> What's your budget?

Well just found out that I will be getting a Toshiba Satellite Pro
A60, as management want to have everyone with the same type of laptop.
 The bonus is that it doesn't come out of my budget.

--
David Watson
http://www.planetwatson.co.uk

"Code is for life, use python"