[Liverpool] Mounting floppy in Ubuntu

LALAYNG at aol.com LALAYNG at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 22:55:53 GMT 2006

The first comand, mkdir floppy worked.

The last two commands seemed hopeful, though it insisted on being  root.
When I installed the Ubuntu I make no provision for root permission, so I  do
not know the root password; hence I cannot execute the "mount -t"  commands.

Any help?

On the wireless, it is an ASUS WL-138g PCI adaptor that works very well
under Windows, but has no Linux drivers.  I have tried endless combinations  of
ndiswrapper attempts, but all fail with the final comment "no such file or
directory"

I have ordered a new wireless card, Edimax EW-7128g that looks promising  for
Linux users, and, it is claimed will work "out of the box" if the Linux is
of the SuSE 10 flavour.

I shall let everyone know in a few days if all is well.  As far as I  am
concerned, if I can get the Internet to run under Linux, I will have gained  the
Holy Grail in computing terms!

Thanks

Anthony