[Liverpool] Mounting floppy in Ubuntu

LALAYNG at aol.com LALAYNG at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 07:30:16 GMT 2006

david at planetwatson.co.uk writes:

Ubuntu  makes use of sudo, the first user create (during the install) is able
to  run any command.  Simply add sudo to the front of the command, such  as:

sudo mount -t fat /dev/fd0 floppy

Thanks, David.  It looks like I will have to reinstall Ubuntu and pay  more
attention to any root passwords it demands.  I'm afraid I try to avoid  setting
up any passwords, since I am the sole user of this computer (and indeed,  of
Linux) in my family.

I'm impressed with the way you chaps know your code, though.  Making
Directories and changing them is about my limit!

Anthony