[Liverpool] sata 11 drives

johnbywr johnbywr at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 15 12:35:12 BST 2006

Michael Banks wrote:

Hi Michael
Thanks for the reply.
Both drives are model 6V080EO.
The firmware on a) drive was va111630, changed to va111900, with
firmware sent by Maxtor.
                 b) drive was va 131610, and still is the same.
Maxtor sent me a further firmware va 131610, which doesn't work on
either drive. So I am waiting to see if Maxtor will send me any updates?

I am using software raid, and did a fresh install. The result was the
same. I can install the system, but on the reboot it comes up with
missing page and closing to /bin/sh. Which leaves me clueless.
The reason for the large difference in the firmware numbers, I think. Is
I took one drive back to the supplier, telling him that the drive would
not boot. He didn't seem to know about the problem with sata 2 drives
and the motherboard. As I bought them all from the one supplier.

Kind regards
John