[Liverpool] Novell and Microsoft (you know we had to)

Omar Baqueiro obaqueiro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:27:41 GMT 2006

Greetings,

So, after some time I am sure everyone here has heard about the news
that Microsoft is shelling out some cash to Novell in order to "get
into" the Linux buisness. (just take a look at google news ito learn
about it: http://news.google.com/news?q=microsoft+novell+linux).

My question would be, what is the opinion of the people over here?
Does anyone in this group uses SUSE or Novel enterprise linux?

My opinion is that the deal can not go wrong for Open Source as there
is *no way* Microsoft can shut down the movement for itself. On the
other hand, if Microsoft made some software available for Linux it
would only benefit it.

Well, a prety small comment. Hoping not to start a flame war.

Cheers,

Omar.
--
Omar Baqueiro Espinosa