[Liverpool] new member building a cluster

Jason Jorgenson jjorgenson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:53:16 BST 2006

Hi Group!    I was happy to find a Linux Users Group here in
Liverpool.  I am a new member, and hoping to become an active one as
well.

I am here in Liverpool doing a PhD in Archaeology at the University of
Liverpool.  My research uses a lot of GIS work, and I am finding that
the processing times are becoming a problem (14+ hours for a lot of
them) so I am trying to set up an Open Mosix cluster.

Does anyone out there have any retired machines that they would like
to donate/lend to this project?  I would of course give a big mention
in my thesis to any help.  I would also be more than happy to document
and share the process of setting up this cluster with the LUG.  Could
even have a meeting at my home and check it out if it worked out....
:)   Anyway, just seeing what people think!

Kindest Regards,

Jason Jorgenson

jjorgenson a.t. gmail.com

my uni address is jason.jorgenson a.t. liv.ac.uk  but i prefer the above one...