[Liverpool] Linux Virgin!!!!!!!!

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Tue Feb 6 21:17:04 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 6:51 pm, Brian Bowers wrote:
> Hi There,
> Wonder if anyone in the West Kirby area can help me with my Linux system???
> I am VERY new to the OS, been playing with PC's since DOS 5 came out in
> the early 90's.
> However, Mr.Gates has had enough of my cash, and I don't want to give
> him any more!!!!!!!
> I have installed SUSE Linux 10.2 on one of my spare computers,,
> however,, that is as far I can get!
> I would like to install some software for my other hobby,,,Ham radio,,,,
> if I only knew how to!!!!
> Can anyone help???
>
> Best Wishes
>
> Brian Bowers

Its been a while since I used suse but I do recall that the smart package
manager was very good for sofware installing.

http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=SMART_Package_Manager

 Dave.

Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.