[Liverpool] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Liverpool Mapping Party]

Thom Shannon thom at ts0.com
Thu Oct 4 11:44:17 BST 2007

there are some good intros on the wiki, potlatch is a great place to
start, its a simple flash based editor. It lets your draw over copyright
free aerial photos, liverpool has quite good coverage.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Potlatch/
the whole system is built on ways (lines) and points (really just a very
short way), which are all tagged
look at tags on existing ways in potlatch, your main reference for them
though is here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Features