[Liverpool] Cheap mobile broadband

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 19:48:55 BST 2008

Andrew Williams wrote:
> 2008/8/1 Gareth Llewellyn <gareth at networksaremadeofstring.co.uk>:
>
>> Thats only for 5Gb and then you start paying a crazy per Mb fee.
>>
>> TMobile is £15 a month so granted its more expensive but I use it as a 3rd
>> link at home and for when I'm out and about and it generally pushes around
>> 20 - 30Gb a month and they've never compained.
>>

> Yah I looked at T-Mobile's fair-usage based one, then spotted a few
> reports that T-Mobile change you, without asking, to the higher
> package if your overusing. Personally i'd rather keep it cheap and
> monitor my own usage, I doubt i'll ever go over 5GB/month.

I have been using T-Mobile's WebnWalk package for over nearly two years
now (having gone through one renewal already). I never normally go above
100Mb per working day, but find it invaluable, even controlling my home
computers (1 Fedora 9 box and one Win2003 box) from Leeds.

Normally, T-Mobile is extremely reliable - I did have a problem last
month in Leeds, which we put down to T-Mobile's enormous popularity over
the last few months and overloading the local access points, but that
seems to have been sorted out now.

T-Mobile's customer and technical support is generally very very good,
so I do not mind paying £17 per month for a notional 3Gb per month cap.
--
Chris Jones
mailto:chris at mollingtonconsultants.com
web: http://www.mollingtonconsultants.com/