Re: [Liverpool] workshops at FACT?

heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 18:33:14 BST 2008

We'll hopefully be doing at least two workshops a month that will take advantage of more skill sets and get more people involved - for example I think we'll be running Drupal and Arduino workshops, openframeworks, and probably some proprietary workshops (sorry!) - but the reason I approached the LLUG about a monthly slot is to cover strictly FLOSS, and cultivate an audience of people who are interested in learning a full set of FLOSS applications specifically (rather than just geeky applications, some which happen to be FLOSS). The idea is we'll have workshops that are general geekery, then specifically LLUG for specifically FLOSS stuff...

And it becomes easier for us to run FLOSS workshops if a community like LLUG takes them over and sets the agenda, programme, etc. - more manageable, there is already a small community, etc.

Make sense?