[Liverpool] workshops

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Aug 12 13:11:40 UTC 2008

2008/8/12  <heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk>:
> So, no one is interested in running the workshops themselves though as a LLUG project? We'd need a few people to want this to happen to make it happen... Workshops on things like Intro to Linux, Sound with Linux, Graphics, or specific applications like Gimp, Inkscape, Ardour, Audacity, etc etc. Or more interesting workshops at your suggestion!

I don't think its a case of people not interested in it, I think
people have a difficult time in identifying skills that they could
possibly pass onto other people.

Personally, i'd like to do a Open Street Map[1] workshop, possibly
linked in with a mapping day. At the moment I don't think the interest
is there and the entry bar can be expensive (the cost of a GPS unit)
for new people to take the step.

At the moment, LivLUG is just coming out of it's long slumber and
it'll take some time to gain some momentum again. Maybe for the future
it'll be a interesting project but for the moment we're just
concentrating on getting the speakers and events running smoothly.

I'm not trying to speak for everyone in the LUG, just expressing my
views and opinions :)

[1] http://openstreetmap.org/
--
Andrew Williams / Nik_Doof