[Liverpool] Hi, new member.

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 1 01:49:13 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 00:40 +0000, Chris Chadwick wrote:
> Oh every time i go to youtube or someware like that I get a message
> saying i need to install the plugin, Great fun though :)

Hello Chris,

YouTube content is in the proprietary Flash format.
Possibly SuSE downloads and installs Adobe's proprietary
plug-in for you to view such content on 32-bit platforms,
but there isn't a 64-bit binary.

Your options are:
1. Install a 32-bit version of your browser and plugin
   (I haven't tried this as I don't use Flash, but Google
    is your friend)
2. Download the latest version of the FSF-sponsored
   Gnash project - a Free Software implementation of
   Flash that, in its latest incarnation, works with
   YouTube.

Oh, and welcome to the LUG  :-)

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                          rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                      www.M6-IT.org
M6-IT CIC                                         +44 (0)779 456 07 14

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2 [TM] Project Management
Training * Certification * Support * Networking * Web * Database * CRM

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,                Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office:       4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/ Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - cymru at m6-it.org

Southern Office: Bristol                     contact matthew at m6-it.org