[Liverpool] Bringing the U back to LUG

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Feb 26 15:03:25 GMT 2008

On 25/02/2008, David Watson <david at planetwatson.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd like to get our LUG back to a more active state, it's a shame that
> it stagnated which I'm afraid to say was probably my fault.
>
> I did enjoy the social meetings we had, but the other meetings seemed to
> be rather pointless most of the time without a presentation of some
> kind.  So I'd propose to start up social meetings again, and to only
> have other meetings if we have an actual presentation planned.
>
> Of course, this is not a dictatorship, so I'd like to here what others
> have to say.  Don't be afraid to speak up, or indeed disagree with
> me ;).  I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about how things should be
> about meetings, the website or anything else.

As you've probably seen I've been shaking the trees for a few weeks
now, but due to other commitments and events nothing really has
materialised.  We previously mentioned the 23rd as social but due to
FOSDEM that didn't get much support.

First of all It might be worthwhile removing the reference to the next
meeting being in 2007 from the website :)

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com