[Liverpool] How about Networking?

Iain MacGranthin iaingmacg at mac.com
Wed Feb 27 19:20:47 GMT 2008

I have just swept over the threads on what Linux flavours are used here.

I have run SuSe and now am on Ubuntu.

What I have found though is it isn't so easy to get it to show up on
my Powerbook G4 running  OSX Leopard for networking.

Having said that, the printer on Ubuntu shows up sweetly as a Bonjour
printer.

It has never been a walk in the park for me getting these 2 OSs to
talk - SuSe was OK, but Ubuntu seems especially stubborn.

Moreover, frustratingly, smb is usually  the way that gets a result
when I would rather use a non windows route.

Whats the best reference to get me up to speed, and in the meantime,
what's the way to get the show on the road?

Bests,

Iain