[Liverpool] access space idea

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 17 07:47:01 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 07:27 +0100, Andrew Williams wrote:
> > What are your thoughts ?

> University links work, as long as people are there, ManLUG works as
> Owen and a few others work for MCC/Manchester Uni, previously the LUGs
> round here used Uni facilities then died out when the society head
> left the Uni.

I think the fact that they didn't let anyone outside the
University join didn't help it thrive either :-/

> While the University could offer a lot of services it's also a lot of
> extra paperwork and hassle (I was a officer for a liverpool student
> society). Also, if Liverpool find out your using a student union as a
> front for booking facilities, they'll not be happy.

Maybe if that's all it does, but I don't think such
activities would be unacceptable to UoL - you'd
have to check. The key question is whether students
are interested in such a society: does the fact
that there isn't one already tell us something?
Do students still join societies the way they used to?

 - Richard
/me disappointed that the student loan robs us of the old
"lazy students with grants taking all of our taxes" rant ;^)