[Liverpool] access space idea

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Jul 17 09:27:07 BST 2008

2008/7/17 Richard Smedley <smedley358 at btinternet.com>:
> Maybe if that's all it does, but I don't think such
> activities would be unacceptable to UoL - you'd
> have to check. The key question is whether students
> are interested in such a society: does the fact
> that there isn't one already tell us something?
> Do students still join societies the way they used to?

Liverpool university were very strict about how societies run, outside
membership wasn't allowed and they were very wary of allowing anything
that would benefit people outside the university (bar charities).

I think a more reasonable route would be to contact the University as
a professional group capacity to see if they'll help us as,
essentially, a non-profit group.

With the amount of available space we have in FACT and soon to be
MelloMello I think this is all a little moot, but If we attract big
speakers (Alan Cox, RMS and their ilk) then it'll be good to have
contacts with companies/groups who could help host such a event.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com