[Liverpool] access space idea

Heather Corcoran heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 10:33:59 BST 2008

Heya, by the way, sorry I'm keeping quiet on the new access space
discussions - I think its great, but I've got my work cut out for me in
making the best FLOSS usage of the resources that already exist in
abundance at FACT, trying to get workshops/projects/etc happening here
so probably won't have much energy to do stuff with mello mello as well.
But I think its great because mello mello is a much more immediate,
drop-in style space so I think we compliment each other.

Hope it all comes together!

Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 08:45 +0100, Daniel Hulme wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 07:50:57AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
>>
>>> Do students still join societies the way they used to?
>>>

>> No, they do it by email now. Today's student societies have wikis,
>> Facebook groups, mailing lists, and all the modern amenities.
>>

> V sad if 10,000 people crammed into the same space for three years
> sit in front of their computer screens to talk to each other :-/
>
> At least drama, music, martial arts, and yoga societies
> have to meet in real-life I guess?
>

>> On the
>> other hand, they also have accounts, public liability insurance, health
>> and safety, and all the modern red tape.
>>

> Hardly worth going to University is it? I'm trying
> to encourage my children to become millionaires instead ;-)
>
>  - Richard

Heather Corcoran
Curator
FACT
88 Wood Street
Liverpool, L1 4DQ

t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445

http://www.fact.co.uk
Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450

FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008