[Liverpool] Open Source City recap + hi

Heather Corcoran heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 11:18:27 BST 2008

Hi all,

Met Vladimir at the weekend during Open Source City - he came to my
workshop on Making Music with FLOSS (notes at
https://devel.goto10.org/puredyne/wiki/folly-beginners-audio-workshop).
  How did everyone else like the events over the weekend?

Just wanted to say hi, I'm one of the pure:dyne developers (distro for
media arts based on debian, check it out if you haven't heard of it...)
and also new to town - I just took a post as Curator at FACT so am
around there most of the week. I told Vladimir that it would be great to
get the Liverpool LUG hanging around FACT more... we've got all these
Apple labs (!) but not enough people using FLOSS to keep me company. :)
We will likely get pure:dyne up and running in the labs soon, so any
kind of FLOSS/Liverpool LUG workshops/events/drinks/etc are more than
welcome there!

Look forward to seeing some of you around the city, though I am still in
London at weekends where I help run http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotlondon/
and involved in http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/ among some other stuff
that has made me continue to commute back and forth. :) Hope to bring
some of that here.

Cheers
Heather

--
Heather Corcoran
Curator

t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445

http://www.fact.co.uk
Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450

FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008