[Liverpool] Open Source City recap + hi

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Jun 23 16:06:10 BST 2008

2008/6/23 Heather Corcoran <heather.corcoran at fact.co.uk>:
> Hi all,
>
> Met Vladimir at the weekend during Open Source City - he came to my workshop
> on Making Music with FLOSS (notes at
> https://devel.goto10.org/puredyne/wiki/folly-beginners-audio-workshop).  How
> did everyone else like the events over the weekend?

I was there for the Presentations on the Saturday, but unfortunately I
couldn't get to the other events due to lack of holidays and prior
commitments for the weekend.

> Just wanted to say hi, I'm one of the pure:dyne developers (distro for media
> arts based on debian, check it out if you haven't heard of it...) and also
> new to town - I just took a post as Curator at FACT so am around there most
> of the week. I told Vladimir that it would be great to get the Liverpool LUG
> hanging around FACT more... we've got all these Apple labs (!) but not
> enough people using FLOSS to keep me company. :) We will likely get
> pure:dyne up and running in the labs soon, so any kind of FLOSS/Liverpool
> LUG workshops/events/drinks/etc are more than welcome there!

Congratulations on the new position. Always good to see FOSS
knowledgeable people getting positions in renowned projects.

FACT is a great place, and i'd like to hang out there more. I think
one of the sticking point for LivLUG is somewhere to call home, maybe
FACT could be that in the future.

> Look forward to seeing some of you around the city, though I am still in
> London at weekends where I help run http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotlondon/ and
> involved in http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/ among some other stuff that has
> made me continue to commute back and forth. :) Hope to bring some of that
> here.

...and heres another chance for me to start banging the social drum
again. More and more people are coming out the woodwork, and it's nice
to meet new people. Maybe we can agree on a date for everyone grab a
beer?

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/