[Liverpool] What's your browser?

Daniel Hulme lpool-lug at istic.org
Tue Mar 4 00:40:23 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:18:23PM +0000, David Watson wrote:
> So my question to everyone is: What browser do you use and why?

Iceweasel. I used to use Opera, but it is non-free, which is non-ideal,
so as soon as it became possible to do everything Opera does in
Iceweasel I switched. (And at the time I switched, Opera had this
caching bug that made it take about 40s to start up on my machine, which
annoyed me enough to make me follow through my half-formed idea of
changing.)

Within Iceweasel I use Sage to read RSS and Atom feeds, FireGPG for
GPG-signing the contents of forms, downThemAll as a download manager,
and Firebug when editing websites. I also use keyconfig to map z to back
and x to forward, as in Opera, because I really can't navigate without
those two keys. And of course the mplayer plugin to listen to streaming
Real Audio from the BBC website.

--
Paraphernalia/Never hides your broken bones,/ And I don't know why you'd
want to try:/ It's plain to see you're on your own.        -- Paul Simon