[Liverpool] Help with Xubuntu install

Sujita Purushothaman sujita at skhot.net
Wed Mar 19 11:58:08 GMT 2008

Hi,
   I tried to install XUbuntu on my old laptop but ran into problems.
Here's what went on:
1. Downloaded XUbuntu desktop and burnt cd
2. Boot ok
3. Double click on install icon and it just hangs (more than 30 mins).
4. Couldn't find option for text install, so downloaded xubuntu
alternate, burnt cd.
5. boot ok, started text installation .
6. hard disk already in two partitions, left one with windows alone (set
mount to /windows) and formatted second partition to ext3 from fat32.
set mount point / and swap space. (skipped network configuration)
7.'Select and Install software' step fails. Installer tells me its
failed and asks me to retry, tried a few times, same thing. No other
error messages.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rgds,
Sujita