[Liverpool] Gentoo live CD

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Sep 1 10:52:49 UTC 2008

2008/9/1 Graeme Dyas <zabouth at gmail.com>:
> For people who think gentoo is to easy there is always.
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
> It's totally useless because lacking any package management it almost
> imposable to maintain. It's more of an educational exercise.

Not impossible, just difficult. I think the key is keeping every
source package you install so you can "uninstall" if the conf file has
a option. LFS gives you raw power, more so than Gentoo. I guess it
comes down to the whole time/effort tradeoff, hence why distros like
Ubuntu prevail in this "quick fix" world.

--
Andrew Williams / Nik_Doof
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com