[Liverpool] RFC: Administration List

Joanne Roberts jo at thatgirl.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:26:16 UTC 2008

2008/9/22 Vladimir J. <vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com>

> sounds good to me
> On 22 Sep 2008, at 10:38, Heather Corcoran wrote:
>
> > My only comment is an administrative one that this email reminded me
> > of
> > - can we do next month's on the 8th and not the 1st? I'm not in
> > Liverpool on the 1st and while I might be able to get someone else at
> > FACT to let everyone in to the room for a talk, it'd be better if I
> > was
> > around.
> >
> > :)

> > Andrew Williams wrote:
> >> Good morning all,
> >>
> >> Now that the LUG is becoming more active and we're starting to
> >> attract
> >> some new members and interest from local people I think it's time we
> >> stepped it up a bit. As you can imagine, organising events can take
> >> some time out of people's lives and we've been able to get here
> >> with a
> >> few helpful prods from myself, and a few other individuals who have
> >> also got the ball rolling by organising talks and a location to hold
> >> it. As we progress I expect the group will take greater time and
> >> effort to manage.
> >>
> >> Now we have our own hosting and server (aptly named
> >> ringo.livlug.org.uk) and the ability to have numerous mailing lists I
> >> suggest creating a separate list for administration purposes, for
> >> anyone who wishes to have a hand in organising the events and talks,
> >> this way it'll allow discussion to remain focused on organisation
> >> while not interrupting the general talk on the Liverpool list.
> >>
> >> Any comments?
> >>

> > --
> > Heather Corcoran
> > Curator
> > FACT
> > 88 Wood Street
> > Liverpool, L1 4DQ
> >
> > t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
> > f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445
> >
> > http://www.fact.co.uk
> > Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
> > Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450
> >

> > FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008

I'd suggest that rather than move what is pretty much an established date of
the first Wednesday of the month, we look for an alternative space for the
talk. I think if we move the date to the week after, we'll be setting a
dangerous precedent whereby nobody will know when meetings are and the LUG
will once again fall into disuse.