[Liverpool] RFC: Administration List

Joanne Roberts jo at thatgirl.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:42:07 UTC 2008

2008/9/22 Joanne Roberts <jo at thatgirl.co.uk>

> 2008/9/22 Vladimir J. <vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com>
>
> sounds good to me
>> On 22 Sep 2008, at 10:38, Heather Corcoran wrote:
>>
>> > My only comment is an administrative one that this email reminded me
>> > of
>> > - can we do next month's on the 8th and not the 1st? I'm not in
>> > Liverpool on the 1st and while I might be able to get someone else at
>> > FACT to let everyone in to the room for a talk, it'd be better if I
>> > was
>> > around.
>> >
>> > :)

>> > --
>> > Heather Corcoran
>> > Curator
>> > FACT
>> > 88 Wood Street
>> > Liverpool, L1 4DQ
>> >
>> > t: + 44 (0)151 707 4425
>> > f: + 44 (0)151 707 4445
>> >
>> > http://www.fact.co.uk
>> > Bookings: +44 (0)8707 583217
>> > Information: +44 (0)151 707 4450
>> >

>> > FACT is proud to be in LIVERPOOL, EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008
>> >

> I'd suggest that rather than move what is pretty much an established date
> of the first Wednesday of the month, we look for an alternative space for
> the talk. I think if we move the date to the week after, we'll be setting a
> dangerous precedent whereby nobody will know when meetings are and the LUG
> will once again fall into disuse.

Also, with regards to the actual proposal in this, I think having seperate
administration lists etc would be a great idea particularly after we have
exhausted all in-LUG talks, which by my estimate occurs in February 2009.
Getting some external speakers etc is only going to happen with a dedicated
admin team. I'd be more than up for helping organise stuff :)