[Liverpool] 1st April Meeting Follow-up

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Apr 2 10:45:16 UTC 2009

As promised, a little followup to the meeting last night.

First of all, I think I speak for everyone when I say that Adrian's talk was very interesting and we enjoyed it
alot. I'd like to thank Adrian for giving the talk on relatively short notice.

I think we've got alot of interest in Arduino, and i'm sure we'll have some future talks on it. At the moment
i'm going to keep a eye on the USB sheild project[1], as it'll present some interesting oppertunities with the
Tikitag/Touchatag reader in the future.

We had a short discussion after the talk about the recent drama on the list, I think the general concensus was
that if it involves open source software it'll be ok to discuss. Bob's post earlier today is a good guideline
to follow imho.

Maria from LSC was there, I had a quick chat with her and finally found out what is needed to be done. They
have a few PCs that have Ubuntu on them and they're unable to connect to the network at the moment, the only
machine they have up and running is a Windows XP machine. I'll probably head in on Saturday to try get
everything up and running. Judging by the kit they had there it's old hand-me-downs and the hub they're using
still has a Base-T connector on it.

We had a minor hiccup in that the Old Ropewalk closed before we got out of the meeting, thankfully we were able
to find a suitable, but small, replacement. I think we must of spent a good amount of money there as we ended
up with free sandwiches later on in the night, much to the disapointment of what seemed to be the regulars.

For those who were there, the offical Simon time was 22:40 :P

[1] http://code.rancidbacon.com/ProjectLogArduinoUSB

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/