[Liverpool] 1st April Meeting Follow-up

Adrian McEwen adrian at mcqn.net
Thu Apr 2 11:11:32 UTC 2009

Andrew Williams wrote:
> As promised, a little followup to the meeting last night.
>
> First of all, I think I speak for everyone when I say that Adrian's talk was very interesting and we enjoyed it
> alot. I'd like to thank Adrian for giving the talk on relatively short notice.

No worries.  Always happy to find an audience for my rambling about
Arduinos ;-)
> I think we've got alot of interest in Arduino, and i'm sure we'll have some future talks on it. At the moment
> i'm going to keep a eye on the USB sheild project[1], as it'll present some interesting oppertunities with the
> Tikitag/Touchatag reader in the future.

I'm hoping we'll get a hardware/Arduino hackers group off the ground
after Howduino; as you say there's quite a bit of interest in this sort
of stuff.

Rather than wait for the USB shield, you should just hack your Tikitag
reader to connect it to the Arduino, or buy yourself an RFID shield
instead -
<http://tinkerit.myshopify.com/collections/kits/products/rfid-kit>.  I
got as far as opening up my Tikitag reader, but haven't made any serious
attempt to connect it up to the Arduino yet...

Cheers,

Adrian.