[Liverpool] distros etc

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 29 07:20:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 16:39 +0100, Stephen Mount wrote:
> macbook (early 2009) for £570 whereas I paid £670 for it. Just
> couldn't deal with the 13" screen at all.

Yeah, the 12in iBook was the biggest I'd accept in my
luggage. Apple really need to bring out a smaller PC.

I'm back on my ThinkPad X41 (11in screen), but keep looking
longingly at smaller computers :)

>  I have a 17" MBP and that's
> good as I can take it anywhere and it's pretty much a desktop
> replacement!

Who wants to carry a desktop around? ;-)
I spend much of my time travelling, and working on
trains, in cafés, et al., and smaller laptops win
because of both weight & being small enough to
get out & use anywhere :)

> >> I'll give you an idea of when I was last playing games:-
> >>
> >>       "Stephen Mount as known as stemount is a gamer from Manchester,

apt-cache show bsdgames

Hm, I think that's more than enough for me =o)

>>> I've also tinkered around with some other operating systems purely
>>> from an inquisitive perspective...just to see how you can interact
>>> with them. Stuff like BeOS, NeXTSTEP, OPENSTEP, etc. Desperately

Last call on my SGI/Irix boxen before they're scrapped?

 - Richard

--
Small Steps to Sustainability ~~ 6pm April 29th ~~ FACT Liverpool

Richard Smedley                              PRINCE2 Project Management
                                              Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley                  http://GoodGNUs.org/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                       http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/