[Liverpool] Installation for school in liverpool

aidan mcguire amcguire at bluefountain.com
Mon Aug 10 20:04:34 UTC 2009

Help for a school

Spoke to Mike from Huyton (hope this is spelt correctly) as he has a
requirement as below but he has very little budget plus time is of
the essence. School is back in 2 weeks.
I mentioned what had been done by the Liverpool Linux user community
for LSC and promised i would post this to the list.

I have promised we will donate A DELL RACK MOUNTED server with
Unbuntu plus a backup USB device.

Would people be able to help?

Aidan

On 10 Aug 2009, at 19:27, Mike Silvano wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Great talking to you, lots of positive feed back just what i needed!
>
> Requirements for school:
> Proxy/file /printserver
> Children and staff save their work
> A partition for the office staff to save their work
> System management software (like AD) limit users functionality
> Create users import new users 120
> UPS
> Backup system
> Anti virus
> E-mail system with shared calendars
> Web filter
> Software for the curriculum
>
> We have mixed pc's consisting of 20 x IBM Netvisa (3years old), 48
> x Dell Optiplex gx110 (9years old), 7 x pc's from a another school
> (4years old)
>
> Can't think of anymore right now, will think of others no doubt!
> Thanks Adrian for help on this.... very much appreciated
>
> I feel the switch to Linux is the right move for us, all the staff
> come back into school 24th
>
> Kind regards
>
> Mike Silvano

Aidan McGuire
Blue Fountain Systems Ltd
1 Alie Street
London E1 8DE
Tel 020 7680 8950
Mob 0777 5858 565

This message and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete
this message and any attachments from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message and attachments or
disclose the contents to any other person. Registered in England
03216139