[Liverpool] Installation for school in liverpool

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 16 21:49:03 UTC 2009

aidan mcguire wrote:
> Help for a school
>
> Spoke to Mike from Huyton (hope this is spelt correctly) as he has a
> requirement as below but he has very little budget plus time is of the
> essence. School is back in 2 weeks.
> I mentioned what had been done by the Liverpool Linux user community
> for LSC and promised i would post this to the list.
>
> I have promised we will donate A DELL RACK MOUNTED server with Unbuntu
> plus a backup USB device.
>
> Would people be able to help?

Hello Aidan, Mike,

While I'm always up for helping any Free Software in
Education effort, I have to say that fitting a large project
like this into a short tim eperiod leaves no room for all
of the things that always fail to go the way you've
planned.

Better, perhaps, to plan the upgrade for Christmas or
a later holiday, and spend the intervening time getting ready
for it. I'll be happy to provide some help with said planning. :)

If Mike is happy with this, and others are interested, we
can meet up to discuss the requirements & thrash out
a plan, then set up a list on the LUG server to carry
out the preparations.
Regards,

  - Richard