[Liverpool] Software freedom (problems at the University)

Sujita Purushothaman sujita at skhot.net
Fri Dec 18 05:15:56 UTC 2009

*IANAL*
I think they cannot remove the EULA - it is an *end user* license
agreement, and the students are the end users. I believe Mr. Ward was
incorrect when he said that the EULA doesn't apply to you. The problem
with EULAs are that nobody reads them, so they don't understand what
they are signing away. When Sophos comes knocking on everyone's doors
then people will realise just how bad EULAs are!