[Liverpool] Software freedom (problems at the University)

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Fri Dec 18 11:49:15 UTC 2009

Ah, ok, I misinterpreted your primary aim.

I had assumed it was "get connected" but I see now it is change the
TOS/the way they work.

I still stand by my comments with regards to how best to achieve this;
try and become their friend.

The people who implement the policy, are probably not the people who
wrote it. The best route is to find those who wrote it and those who
have the power to change it, and see if they can see where you're coming
from.

Again, I'd recommend a "softly, softly" approach with short, concise,
friendly emails with offers of talk on the phone or meeting face to face.

Policy won't change fast, and don't expect it to, but it is possible to
change through friendly correspondence with the right person.

Tim