[Liverpool] Phone Advice

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 00:31:36 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

First of all let me wish you all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New
Year. I wanted to ask some advice about mobile phone networks. You may have
seen recently that I was lucky enough to be sent a new N900 from Nokia on
trial. Originally I thought they'd only let me keep it a couple of weeks and
I'm just using my PAYG Orange SIM card right now. It works but isn't
brilliant on cost obviously. Yesterday I found out that I'll be allowed to
keep the N900 for a few months to "try out the Maemo platform" were their
words. So I'm looking at SIM-only contract deals with good data provision in
the UK.

It seems that 02 and T-Mobile have the best offers. Both of them have a plan
for just under £20 a month with the same amount of included minutes, SMS and
"unlimited" 3G Internet, the important part. They both seem to have 1gb per
month fair usage policies, but I've heard they don't enforce them that
heavily. I know some of you are with one or other of these networks so I
wanted to ask for feedback on which you found best? Which has the best
coverage in Liverpool and what are the data plans like? Anything I should
know?

So what's you're thoughts, T-Mobile of O2? Maybe you can suggest another
network. Orange and Vodafone deals looked rubbish compared to these and
Three SIMs don't work in the N900, not sure why.

Thanks for your help,