[Liverpool] Replacing Gmail: Inbox Searching

Neil Bothwick neil at stfw.net
Tue Feb 10 12:26:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:52:16 +0000, Andrew Williams wrote:

> I know I can use maildir and procmail to replace "labels" and filtering,

And do a much better job, GMail's filtering is horribly limited.

> but what can I do about searching? The rapid searching of my
> inbox is a great feature, I'd like to replicate this in a Maildir/Mutt
> setup, does anyone have any ideas on what I can use to create this?

Searching is going to be pretty fast anyway, because of the local
connection, but you could also look at Mairix. I've not tried it myself
but have heard good things about it.

http://www.rpcurnow.force9.co.uk/mairix/

--
Neil Bothwick

deja vous - the act of forgetting someone's name /again/ despite being
introduced to them several times.