[Liverpool] Replacing Gmail: Inbox Searching

Paxton, Darren darren.paxton at mercer.com
Tue Feb 10 11:58:16 UTC 2009

Hi Andrew

I currently run my own mailserver at home with a squirrelmail frontend
to the IMAP service - it allows you to search all your subscribed
folders for various terms and although its probably not as quick as
google, I find it useful enough in terms of what it provides.

I also run Mailscanner which catches a significant amount of spam daily
and since I moved my folks onto it, they've seen a drastic reduction to
almost 0 spam messages now.

Hope this helps

Darren
--
Darren Paxton, Linux Engineer
MMC Global Technology Infrastructure | Enterprise Systems Engineering
darren.paxton at mercer.com
www.mmc.com