[Liverpool] SUSE 11 and Samba

Iain Macgranthin iaingmacg at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 20:51:26 UTC 2009

AAAAARRRGGGHHH!

I want to network my suse machine to share directories on my LAN, I
have an apple extreme it is connected to, a drive attached to that,
and some mac laptops connected by wifi.

I CAN GET MYSQL CONNECTED LIKE A HOT KNIFE THRU BUTTER, but
otherwise....
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh.

I remember succeeding with suse 10.2, but this just doesnt want to work.

I tried opening ports, and making the connection to the ethernet card
internal zone, with all ports open, and I tried configuring the
windows server, samba server THRU yast2 gui AND G-SAMBA gui.

Computer sez nada.

Help?