[Liverpool] SUSE 11 and Samba

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Feb 12 09:29:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 08:50:57PM +0000, Iain Macgranthin wrote:
> AAAAARRRGGGHHH!
>
> I want to network my suse machine to share directories on my LAN, I
> have an apple extreme it is connected to, a drive attached to that,
> and some mac laptops connected by wifi.
>
> I CAN GET MYSQL CONNECTED LIKE A HOT KNIFE THRU BUTTER, but
> otherwise....
> aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh.
>

> I remember succeeding with suse 10.2, but this just doesnt want to work.
>
> I tried opening ports, and making the connection to the ethernet card
> internal zone, with all ports open, and I tried configuring the
> windows server, samba server THRU yast2 gui AND G-SAMBA gui.
>
> Computer sez nada.
>
> Help?

First of all, I'm gonna bombard you with questions :)

1. What error do you get when your trying to connect to the shares?
2. Do you have any errors appearing the relevant /var/log/samba/*.log?
3. Can you post your configuration file for samba
4. What version of OSX are you using?

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure more will come to
me.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/