[Liverpool] Replacement PC for LSC

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 31 15:46:20 UTC 2009

Andrew Williams wrote:
> A switch is something we defo need, at the moment they've got a 10mbit
> thing with a BNC connector on it and a heathly "toasty" colouring around
> the power connector :)

A trip down memory lane. I remember my first home office
network, 3 486s with BNC connectors. One 486 with 12MB
to try and run X-Windows-Server, the other 2 content
with Emacs as the UI (& much memory swapping ;)

My early ThinkPad manuals are full of Token Ring, but
I was never foolhardy (nor extravagant) enough to try
it here. :)

  - Richard