[Liverpool] [Fwd: [GeekUp] FREE 3G USB Dongle]

oscillik oscillik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:28:11 UTC 2009

well in Windows XP upon first plugging it in, you need to install the driver
and the crappy "dialer" software. and this wouldn't install, citing a CRC
error on installation media.
of course as we all know, when plugging it into a machine that's running a
decent GNU/Linux distro, it just works :) which is why i'm desperate to get
Crunchbang back on my Eee.

as far as worry over something snapping off, i don't really use my machine
in situations where it's likely to get snapped off. i just don't like my
current modem dangling around. i tried using the velcro that comes with it
to stick it to my screen but that was epic fail :(