[Liverpool] [Fwd: [GeekUp] FREE 3G USB Dongle]

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Jun 10 13:27:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:35:45AM +0100, oscillik wrote:
> yeah, i noticed that it makes a backup too. spent a while looking for
> it and gave up.
>
> Thanks for the offer, but it looks like they're using address as an
> identifier - tried ordering another one under my mom's name and card
> details - it refused to order!

Humm, do they fall for the old A suffix after your house number / flat
number? :)

> It's ok, i might ask my sister to order one and pick it up from her next month.
>
> One other strange thing - my Huawei E220 is capable of 7.6Mbps (after
> having updated the 3 firmware a while back) whereas the ZTE MF627
> seems only capable of 3.6Mbps. No firmware updates for this one at all
> anywhere on the 3 site.

Yes, I noticed this today, the ZTE is only 3.6mpbs and it's not a
software limitation as far as I can see. Ahh well, useful to throw
around. At the moment i'm having difficulty trying to get signal with
it, T-Mobile is bad enough in the house with my G1, never mind the ZTE.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com