[Liverpool] Linux Multimedia Studio

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:37:59 UTC 2009

Rebirth is cool but I haven't used it in years since Reason came out. It
does all the Rebirth stuff and so much more. Maybe Rebirth is better if you
have specific needs though. You might not need all the other stuff Reason
does. As for audio in WINE, I believe it's pretty good. It just links to
ALSA. I've never tried it with JACK but that would be the best option if
available, so you can make music with other programs at the same time. Lots
of people run VST plugins with WINE and it uses this method. I believe it's
quite good.

On a slightly related note. I've just been playing with Spotify the last
week in WINE. That's an audio player and relies on the audio interface a
lot. It plays perfectly and sounds good. Recording audio into WINE might be
different with the latency but playback is fine. I reckon it's worth trying.
You'll only be using playback with something like Rebirth anyway.

Good luck with it!

Dan